The Electrical Engineering Technology Program is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET, which may provide up to 65 hours of transfer credits from Iowa Community Colleges including Electronics, Computer, Robotics, Networking Technology, and Electrical Engineering Technology Programs.
Major: Bachelor of Science (B.S.) Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology
Minor: Electrical/Electronics Technology (EET)
Unique Program Features:
- A friendly environment where you interact on a daily and personal basis with your professors.
- A flexible program offering a wide variety of options and emphases with sufficient rigor to prepare for a productive career in the EET area.
- Individualized hands-on training on state-of-the-art equipment and trainers used in industry.
- Small class sizes make the difference.
- Iowa’s first 4-year BS degree granting Engineering Technology program.
- Excellent part-time job opportunities for EET juniors and seniors in local industries.
- Articulation agreements with Iowa Community Colleges which may provide transfer credits up to 65 semester hours.
- Several annual competitive scholarships
- Program Advisory Board in addition to the Department of Technology Advisory Board
- IEEE active student organization for great leaderships skills and, also other departmental professional organization chapters
- Opportunities for local industry sponsored senior design projects and part-time jobs
- Dedicated departmental student computer labs with continuously updated new software tools
Electrical/Electronics Technology Minor (EET):
This minor is intended to provide knowledge and hands-on skills in Electrical and Electronics Technology. Computer Science, Physics, Technology Education, Technology Management, Manufacturing Technology, Business and many others would be some of the majors that could fit well with the EET minor.