Students within Department of Technology majors have the ability to apply for over 20 scholarships by completing the UNI Scholarship Application. The UNI Scholarship Application helps you simplify the process of finding scholarships that are right for you. The deadline to complete this application is January 15th, 2018.
Department of Technology Scholarships
- Clarence and Carol Letson Scholarship: awarded to incoming freshmen demonstrating financial need, must be a Department of Technology major, maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA, renewable.
- Science Symposium Scholarships: incoming freshmen from Iowa, have a minimum high school 3.0 GPA & ACT score of 24 or higher, one-page essay and interview required.
General Industrial Technology:
- Dr. Guang Jin & Dr. Zifan Ju Scholarship: awarded to declared Department of Technology major, minimum 3.0 GPA.
- James P. LaRue Scholarship: awarded to declared Department of Technology major, minimum 3.2 GPA, earned a minimum 30 semester hours with 15 from UNI.
- Willis and Hazel Wagner Endowed Scholarship: awarded to declared Department of Technology major, preference given to Technology and Engineering Education majors.
- ABC of Iowa Endowed Scholarship: Construction Management major, sophomore status or higher, minimum GPA of 2.5 or higher, hails from the state of Iowa, active in Construction Management club.
- ABC of Iowa- Jim Franken Endowed Scholarship: Construction Management major, sophomore or junior status, minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Associated General Contractors of Iowa: Construction Management student, plans to work in Iowa.
- Conlon Construction Scholarship: Construction Management major, Construction Management Club member, full-time junior status, minimum 3.0 GPA, from Dubuque or Tri-State area, one-page essay.
- Matthew McCoy Memorial Scholarship: Construction Management student, minimum junior status, 2.5 minimum GPA, one-page essay.
- Master Builders of Iowa: Construction Management student.
- Waterloo Building Trades and Employers Association: Construction Management student, minimum sophomore status and minimum 2.5 GPA.
- James H. Slife Graphic Technologies Endowed Scholarship: must be a Graphic Technologies major.
- Pioneer Graphics Scholarship: Graphic Technologies major, interview.
Manufacturing Engineering Technologies:
- ATEK Metal Technologies Dr. Jerzy Wladyslaw Kucharczyk Memorial Scholarship: major in Manufacturing Engineering Technology with Metal Casting Emphasis, Junior or Senior status, minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher, must be from northeast Iowa. Transfer students are eligible.
- Bender Foundry Service Metal Casting Scholarship: major in Manufacturing Engineering Technology with Metal Casting emphasis, must have a minimum 2.0 GPA.
- Grede W. Stewart Davis Endowed Scholarship: declared Manufacturing Engineering Technology major with Metal Casting emphasis, preference given to sophomore and/or community college transfer student, GPA of 2.0 above.
Manufacturing Engineering Technology - Metal Casting:
- Bender Manufacturing: student from southeast Iowa with preference of Tri-County or Sigourney High School enrolled in Metal Casting emphasis.
- ATEK: renewable scholarship awarded to a student from NE Iowa enrolled in Metal Casting emphasis.
- Grede Casting: awarded to a Manufacturing Engineering Technology student with an emphasis in Metal Casting. Preference given to sophomore students. Minimum grade point average requirement of 3.0. Renewable with maintained grade point average and major declaration. Freshmen students with a strong commitment to Metal Casting may be eligible.
Technology and Engineering Education:
- Duncan Lampman Scholarship: minimum sophomore status, minimum 3.0 GPA with minimum 3.5 GPA in major classes.
- Rex Miller Endowed Scholarship: must be a Technology and Engineering Education major. Preference given to students with senior status.
- Robert M. George Scholarship in Technology Education: major in Technology and Engineering Education, sophomore status or higher, 3.0 minimum GPA.
- Roger and Kathy Betts Scholarship: completed 45 credit hours (at least 12 at UNI), minimum 2.5 GPA with a minimum 2.75 GPA in major classes, displays financial need, recommendation letter, two-page essay.
Additional Scholarship Resources
An additional listing of scholarships can be found be clicking HERE. Special thanks to the Biology Department for compiling this list.